Verb Biotics is a pre-revenue microbiome health startup that applies science, tech, and intentional development to deliver microbiome “biotic” solutions. At Verb, we target specific health and wellness conditions and develop health solutions that provide consumers with an “I feel the effect” experience.
The Sales Manager will thrive in our fast-paced, start-up business environment. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Sales Manager will develop and establish relationships across multiple positions and functions between Verb and the customer. This role effectively works with the Director of Sales to research, identify and analyze market segments/opportunities and develop plans to capitalize on market opportunities. This job’s primary role is developing and fostering the customer pipeline, converting qualified leads into revenue-generating accounts, and managing existing business over time. As Verb Biotics is a start-up company, the Sales Manager will wear many hats and is key in supporting the Director of Sales in achieving commercial success as Verb scales the business.
- 5-7 years of experience in sales and/or business development in the dietary supplement industry with B2B specific sales experience is a must
- Prior experience selling “Biotic” ingredients preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, preference for biology, chemistry, nutrition, or food science
- Sales acumen and proven success selling functional ingredients
- Ability to understand and articulate scientific and market information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient negotiation skills
- Proficient with MS Office, CRM (HubSpot preferred), LinkedIn, online searches
- $90 to $120k base + variable compensation
- Equity included in compensation package via Profit Interest Units
- Dental, vision and medical insurance with high deductible PPO
- Unlimited PTO + 10 paid holidays
- 401k program
Ready To Make An Impact?
It is the policy of Verb Biotics to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and employment applicants.